Less than 200 calories for 4 pancakes with topping...whole grain with no fat or sugar...yum.
Breakfast in Bed...mmm...
there is more than one way to make a man moan.
1. Heat a pancake griddle to 350 degrees. Or substitute a nonstick skillet over medium heat. It is harder to get pancakes to brown evenly in a skillet, though.
2. Mix the first 6 ingredients (not the blueberries or topping ingredients) just until blended. Batter should have small lumps remaining. Over-mixing makes pancakes tough.
3. Spray the griddle with a little nonstick spray.
4. Pour the batter by spoonfuls onto the hot griddle...forming 3 1/2 inch circles. If you want really evenly round pancake...use an ice cream scoop to drop the batter.
5. Immediately drop frozen blueberries on the surface of the batter. Lightly tap the blueberries in with the pancake turner. Reserve the rest of the blueberries to use in the topping below.
6. Melt the blueberry preserves (30 seconds) in the microwave. Add the frozen blueberries. The preserves will coat the berries, but gel up again when they hit the cold berries.
Put the mixture in the microwave 30-60 seconds until bubbly. This will melt the preserves again and thaw the blueberries Watch carefully...it can boil over and make a mess. And a sticky microwave mess can certainly kill the festive breakfast mood.
7. When the edges of the pancakes appear to set and they are golden brown...flip the pancakes slowly and carefully (this batter is thin). Breakfast is about 2-3 minutes away now.
8. Cook pancakes on the other side for same amount of time... until golden brown.
9. Spray the bottoms of the pancakes with "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray".
10. Top the pancakes with the blueberry topping.
11. Optional: garnish with Reddi Whip.
Makes 8 3" pancakes, or 6 4" pancakes.
Serves 2 at less than 200 calories each person. That is 4 Triple Blueberry Pancakes with topping for half the calories of a blueberry muffin at Starbucks.
And to serve your man a sizzling HOT breakfast...try the Betty Cock er outfit idea here.
Don't miss Red Velvet Pancakes...they make a great Valentine's Day breakfast or brunch in bed...served sweet and hot with a kiss.
And Strawberry Waffles...mmm... another reason to linger in bed.